Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and it is India’s premier central recruiting agency, it’s mainly granted a position for IAS (Indian Administrative Services), IPS (Indian Police Service) and IRS (Indian Revenue Service). It is mainly responsible for taking examinations and admissions of All India Service, and group A & group B of Central services. UPSC was formed on October 01, 1926 AD and is headquartered in New Delhi.
Eligibility criteria for Application:-
- Candidates must have passed bachelor’s degree or those candidates who are appearing in the final year examination may also eligible to apply for the examination.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August of the year of examination if he is a general category student/aspirant. The upper age limit for IAS as well as all services is relaxed for OBC, SC, ST and other categories of aspirants as prescribed below-
|Category||UPSC Age limit 2020||No. Of Attempts|
|General||32 Years||Six Attempts|
|OBC||35 Years||9th Attempts|
|SC/ST||37 Years||No Age Limit|
|PH (Blind, Deaf, Orthopedic)||42 Year||GEN/OBC= 9
Attempts SC/ST= No bar
|Disabled servicemen, disabled from duty.||GEN=37 Years.
|No Age Limit|
- Candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC i.e. https://www.upsc.gov.in.
- Click on the UPSC examination application form.
- Candidates need to register themselves on the UPSC website using their valid Email ID, and phone number.
STEP 2: Part 1
- Candidates need to click Part 1 registration to start filling up the application form
- In this step, candidates need to fill the following details to complete this step of registration.
- Date of Birth
- Father’s Name
- Mother’s Name
- Marital Status
- Address with Pin code
- Aadhar card/ Voter ID card or any other residential document.
- No of Attempts
- Submission of fees
- Click Submit.
- Print the Confirmation Page.
- Candidates need to keep in mind, the details which they are entering for the IAS exam (will not be changed once you completed the process).
- Centre for Civil Services Mains Examination
- Medium of Language for Paper I & Paper V examination
- Optional Subject for Paper VI & VII
- Medium Language for Optional Subject for paper VI & VII
- If you belong from Arunachal Pradesh/ Meghalaya/ Manipur/ Mizoram/ Sikkim/ Nagaland are claiming exemption from appearing in Indian Language for Paper A.
- After filling all the details carefully and after checking it, the candidate needs to submit it.
STEP 3: Part 2
- Login in this step by providing your DOB and registration id.
- Candidates have to complete the application form of making a payment, selecting the center, upload photos and scanned signature with their identity copy. Size and resolution are given below for photo and signature:
|Photograph||JPG Format||300×300 (pixels) to 1000×1000(pixels)||20KB to 300 KB|
|signature||JPG Format||300×300 (pixels) to 1000×1000(pixels)||20KB to 300 KB|
- After successful submission of an application form, candidates will receive a registration SMS on their registered email-id.
Documents required for filling IAS Prelims Application Form:
- Valid Email and Phone number
- Mark sheets of Class 10, Class 12 and Degree
- Scanned Photograph and Signature
UPSC application form fee is INR. 100. Female/SC/ST candidates are exempted from Fee.
|Category||IAS Prelims Application Form Fee|
|Female / SC / ST||Exempted from Fee|
|Physically Challenged||Exempted from Fee|
Candidates can pay the application fee through Online and Offline mode.
- Offline mode payment: Candidates will deposit the fee amount in any nearby SBI Branch. (Applicants make sure to take out the payslip while filling up the application form and after that applicants must have to submit their fee offline in next working day).
- Online mode payment: Candidates must pay their fee amount through Net Banking / Credit Card/ Debit Card/ NEFT, etc.
UPSC 2020 Important Dates:
|Notification of UPSC Prelims Exam Date||12th February 2020|
|Application Available||12th February 2020|
|Last Date to Submit Application Form||3rd March 2020|
|Prelims Exam Admit Card Available||June 2020|
|Civil Services Preliminary Exam Date||31st May 2020 (1 Day)|
|Exam Result 2020 (Prelims)||August 2020|
|Admit Card for Main Exam||September 2020|
|UPSC 2020 Exam Date (Main)||18 September 2020 (5 Days)|
|Final Result Declaration Date||January 2021|
|Interview & Personality Test Date||The second week of February 2021|
Some Important guidelines:
- Candidates must be aware of this, once examination application form will be submitted, after that no one will be allowed to change their specific details. It will not be entertained at all.
- In the examination, hall candidates must have to carry their identity proof and admit card, without this it will not be permissible for sitting in the exam.
- Candidates must be reached at the examination center before on time.