How Much Should You Spend To Get the Best ACT Tutoring Service
ACT, what is it and why is it so important? Act or American College Testing is a standardized test similar to its close rival, SAT. The ACT was developed in the 1950s and was since then used as a popular admission exam for colleges all over the US.
According to some sources, ACT is now more popular than the SAT. In fact it is said that while the SAT is administered more around the East and West coast, the ACT is the one dominating in the Midwest. That means, whichever state you’re living in may affect the test that you’ll most likely take.
Now, before I dive into this further, I would like to debunk one major ACT/SAT myth first. There seems to be this widely-popular misconception that Ivy Leagues prefer one test over the other. If you’re one of those who believed in that too, you can take our word that, no, colleges actually accept test scores from either exam. And other sources would vouch for that too.
While you do have the option to take whichever test that’s more convenient for you, you would still need to consider some variables. One that I’ve already mentioned is your location and knowing which test is more popular in your area. Another thing is the availability of test preparation materials to you.
Speaking of preparation, one of the best proven ways to prepare for either the SAT or the ACT is enrolling for a tutoring service. But with so many centers offering what seems to be the same set of services, how would you know which one to enroll into where you can get the best but not the priciest comprehensive tutoring service? Let me give you an idea.
- The first thing you need to do is to assess your goals and what you need to do to achieve them. What is your test score goal? Based on your current scores (if you have taken mock exams and such), how much work do you need to exert to achieve those goals? What is the required score needed for the college you’re trying to get into?
All of these factors should come into consideration when looking for a tutoring center since you’d probably spend less if you think you’re already equipped with the foundations needed to get to a certain school, while you would also probably be willing to spend more if you’re trying to get into a school with higher score requirements.
- The second step is to find out the learning process that fits you the best. Some people find it easier to learn in larger groups while some prefer smaller groups or even private lessons. Both have its advantages. In large groups, students would have the chance to brainstorm and collaborate with their peers, learn from each other, and take note of one another’s learning technique. With smaller groups or private lessons on the other hand, students who find it hard to focus would get a more controlled environment and a more personalized lesson plan. Knowing which setup works best for you would fundamentally help how you get the most out of your money as you enroll in a service. On Track Learning offers both semi-private and private comprehensive tutoring services so, don’t forget to check out our offers once you’ve figured this out.
- How flexible do you need the tutoring lessons to be? Would you prefer a daily or weekly schedule? You should indicate this as soon as possible so that the tutoring center could arrange your classes for you, and so you could start taking them the soonest time possible. Remember that time is a priceless factor, especially when trying to prepare for an exam that could possibly change your future.
- Your third step should be identifying how convenient the service would be for you. Since ACT lessons normally runs for at least 10 sessions, you need to consider how easy it would be for you to go to those lessons. I mean, acing the ACT is already hard, but making your way there shouldn’t be. And we have good news for those who are in the East Bay area! We have ACT tutors in Danville Boulevard, Alamo, and in Lafayette too! Contact us now so we could help you check which schedule works best for you!
- Hope those insights helped you on picking the perfect ACT Tutor you’re looking for. At the end of the day, the best way to get the most value out of your money would be to choose the center that has everything you need and a whole lot more. So why don’t you check out all the other services we offer aside from ACT prep lessons? We hope to see you soon!